Groundhogs do. I think you should too. You really should marvel at the sky. All the time. I don't do it enough. When I do look at the sky, it makes me grateful. All the colors seem to guard me, but the space makes me feel limitless. I'm safe, but I'm free. It's kinda insane. So, if your life needs a bit of insanity, look up. Yes, that means we should all look up.
Have you ever felt like an empty container of ice cream? Like, life was once so sweet, but someone or something ate all your sweetness away? Well, I have. If you haven't, can I be you? I mean, you're humanly impossible.
One night, I was feeling restless, but not in a physical way. It was in a I'm-getting-emotional-I-need-to-feel-loved-in-an-amazing-way way. I felt special love, but I didn't feel super, super, special love. Make sense? So, I prayed. In short, I prayed for God to open up my ears to hear what He had to say, whatever that may be. And I went to bed. Exhausted. Hopeful. Humble. If there was one thing different in my prayer that night, it was humility--God-given humility. Suddenly, it wasn't God who had to hear me, but it was me who had to hear God. I don't feel that very often.
I woke up. There was no crashing thunder or parted seas, but I didn't notice that too much. My expectations were low and typical. I got ready. Nothing special. I went downstairs and walked into the living room. Now, that was special. Through the front window, I saw the most brilliant sunrise I have ever seen. And I've been to Hawaii. Hawaii had nothing on this. The sky was lavender (oh, yeah) and orange. My heart. It flew. I felt like heaven met earth. I felt like God met me. Right where I was. In my living room. God answered my prayer.
We have such an awesome God, active in our lives and loving us always.
Then I realized I hadn't had my morning quiet time. So, I ran upstairs to my bedroom and grabbed my Bible. I flipped open to the book of Hebrews, but kept searching. I knew there'd be a hidden jewel in the book of Psalm. I didn't think it would be so intense, but God had something special for me in His Great Love Letter. I turned to this verse.
"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands."-Psalm 19:1
My heart. It flew again. All of Psalm 19. It was beautiful. Sometimes I forget that the Bible is not just a bunch of stories that can save the lives of everyone. It's a love letter, perfectly crafted and personally made for each and every one of us. Individually. Sometimes I forget that Jesus' dying to save us is really Jesus dying to love us.
And love never fails.
That's why you should marvel at the sky.
Great thoughts,luv the name of ur blog.
ReplyDeleteAlso liked the part about Psalm 19- it's one of my fav. psalms too!
Thanks so much! :)
Delete