Friday, September 6, 2013

What Habits Do You Hate?

Okay, so we like to think we're perfect angels, but let's move on from that for a bit and talk about the little human things of which we're not too fond. At all. They inspire more of an un-fondness. They basically grate on our nerves like we grate cheese. As much as I like grated cheese, I don't like grated ME. So, let's talk about it. These can be habits you hate in yourself or in others.

I hate when I tell myself that I will finish my schoolwork early. Like, I was gonna be done with most of my homework by now. Friday night. Done. Freedom. But that's not the case. I've done literally nothing. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed that nothing, but I don't enjoy that I enjoyed it. Are you confused? I am too. But school just started two weeks ago and that "s" word confuses everything. C'est la vie.

Oh, and I don't like that once the schoolwork starts to wear me like clothes, the idea of being brain-dead is really attractive. I actually called it dead-brain earlier this week because I am that dead-brain. I mean brain-dead. Whatever. I have the inability to be serious when everything around me is supposed to be serious. Like, seriously. I'm serious. Everything is opposite of the way it should be. Because I like to think. (Well, mostly.)

You know those projects that technically have so much meaning and what not? Yeah, those annoy me. You know what? Sometimes I can think the meaning, but if I can't FEEL it. Well, my body's probably more likely to be feeling sleep. And dead-brain-ness, of course.

Tiredness. When my mind wants to be awake, my body doesn't share this feeling. Bad. Just bad. Lying awake with wide open eyes, thinking, crying out in need of sleep. Bad. Just bad. Don't listen to Nike. DON'T JUST DO IT.

And do you know what feels the worst about all these habits I hate? (Other than the fact that they're not all habits...) I hate that I'm not justified in any of it. And it's not because the things that annoy me shouldn't annoy me. But it's the fact that I let myself get annoyed. I'm victimizing myself. And like I said in my post "Do You Know What Pain Is?", the only thing we are victims of is grace. And love. We deserve death, yet I'm complaining about practically choosing to be brain-dead. Like, really? I should be extinguished, tortured, dead, and so much more, but I'm complaining about free-will. Whoa, Lavender Girl, who are you really?

Well, I'm human. That's who I am, really. And I mess up and take for granted so much every day and every second. Still, the Apostle Paul says we must be content in every situation. But it doesn't always happen, and that's okay. We can't do it alone, and that's okay. Because God doesn't want us to do it alone. Paul says he has learned how to be content in every situation, but not because he's this epic superhuman. It's because of Philippians 4:13:

"I can do all this through him who gives me strength."

And that him is Christ.

This is Paul's conclusion, and it should be ours too. It won't be easy, but look Who we have on our side?

I hope you enjoyed my little rant today. Comment the habits you hate and whatever else you want to say.

P.S. If you're wondering when I'll have more blogs up, it will be on weekends and holidays--the days when all the habits I hate disappear and are replaced by new ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment