I wonder if groundhogs have good ears? Anyone know? Anyway, I listen to stuff all the time--music, my friends, my family, my teachers, me, myself, and I. Even when I'm being "quiet", there's almost always some noise going on somewhere. We live in a go-go world, and I don't mean the dancers from 50 years ago (haha, bad joke). I mean, come on, I'm listening to music, thinking about homework, and blogging all at the same time. I'm either a superhuman or I'm not doing any of the three as well as I should, because it may be a secret to most people today, but MULTITASKING IS IMPOSSIBLE. The brain can't do it, dude. It just can't. Just move on. Life.
Okay, what's the problem then? We're just an overambitious population. That's okay, right? Yeah, that's okay, but there's a bit of an issue here. I listen to others and myself all the time to get info and answers, but do I listen to God as much as everyone on earth? NOPE. Even if I read my Bible everyday and pray and go to church and whatever, do I ever really LISTEN? Or do I just go through the motions?
We all know I'm just going through the motions.
And that's really human. It's not good, but it's human. And you do it too. And then I feel drained because I'm spending time with God, but I'm not really paying attention to God. So, I have a challenge for you guys this week. I know, I know, challenges aren't my cup of tea either, but bear with me here.
LISTEN TO GOD THIS WEEK.
Hopefully, it will feel so awesome and amazing that you'll wanna keep it up longer. Think about it. This is the Living God talking to you. It's pretty crazy. Maybe He'll ask you to follow Him. Maybe He'll tell you that you're his child. Maybe He'll tell you He loves you. Maybe He just told me this.
That's really insane, don't you think? You should try it.
"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand."-John 10:27-28 (TNIV)
P.S. Jesus is talking here, and you're the sheep if you follow Jesus. Yeah, that is really nice to know.
No comments:
Post a Comment